ODBC Exception "Unable to create file buffe" when running application on Server 2008 Standard 32-bit
I have been running an MFC application that accesses an Oracle 11g database via an Oracle ODBC datasource for years with no major problems. I have now installed the same application on Server 2008 Standard (32-bit) and I get a lot of intermittent ODBC errors that say: "Unable to create file buffer". I think the problem is that the ODBC driver either can't create an ODBC temp file or can't sometimes create a unique temp file name. I have no idea why, though. The ODBC connection DOES work much of the time because transactions are going through but I get A LOT of the ODBC exceptions which, I think, is contributing to an unreliable operation environment. Our application crashes sometimes under modest load now. I'm using ODBC driver: 11.02.00.01 4/2/2010 for Oracle 11g. Not sure if this is a server 2008 thing or a driver thing. Would like a suggested work-around or a fix.
June 1st, 2011 9:03pm

Hi, As this issue mainly related to Oracle, please contact Oracle to troubleshoot this issue. Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 13th, 2011 12:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics